Lake Tahoe Area
your search for hotels and motels in the
Lake Tahoe region, including Reno Nevada
and Mammoth Lakes.
Our TahoeHighSierra.com lodging search is updated daily
with of thousands of properties advertised by providers
all around Lake Tahoe to Reno, including properties from
the worldwide travel reservations network. It gives you
access to the most complete search for Tahoe's best hotels
What is a Vacation Rental?
- Some vacation rentals are free standing single family
residences, but not all of them. The definition is...
- Any suite-type lodging that has self-catering facilities
(wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, etc.)
- Most have separate bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens,
one or more bathrooms, washer and dryer, and sometimes
a balcony or patio.
- Towels and linens are provided. Daily maid service
and other hotel conveniences are usually available.
- Unlike hotels with per person pricing, there is a set
price for an entire vacation rental unit with a maximum
number of persons allowed.
- A vacation home will have a maximum occupancy, sometimes
as many as 12 or more.
- Most one-bedroom units sleep a maximum of four using
a sleeper/sofa in the living room. Most two-bedroom vacation
rentals sleep a maximum of six, and most three-bedroom
vacation rentals sleep up to eight.